Max Online: 330 @ 10/31/13 10:53 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1050 - 01/16/12 05:24 PM Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis
NorthTexasRifle Offline

JRuby
Loc: McKinney, TX By God!
This is the Rock Solid Rifle Stock made by Todd Reynolds. Five years ago I watched Todd draw out the first prototype on his kitchen table and he now has a finished product. I have shot the other versions in the past and had the pleasure of shooting the final version last weekend. Here is a pic of when I first mounted it in my range bunkhouse.

These stocks are not cast. Every one is CNC milled from aircraft aluminum. The entire stock is one piece. This eliminates failure points such as welds, screws, pins, etc.

Todd asked me to drop my Surgeon Rifle in un-bedded and see how it shoots without it. I did an initial sight in and this is what an un-bedded Rock Solid Stock is capable of:

This CNC precision cut stock combined with the CNC action mates together unlike any other system I have used. I have no intentions of bedding it at this time.

The stock is thin and makes it really easy to get straight behind and drive the rifle. This also makes shooting positional a breeze since there is less body manipulation to get around the stock and cheek piece.

It is inlaid with friction tape for the support hand to improve grip in the off-hand position. It also balances very well on the support hand.

The grip takes any type of AR-15 type grip you desire. I like the Hogue for this application. It changes out just like any other AR variant grip does.

The stock comes hard anodized in several colors. All of the colors look great on the platform.

Here are a few more pictures of it on my range:

Long action, folders, and Savage inletting are in the works for the future.

In summary, I have chosen this as the official rifle stock of North Texas Rifle Precision. My AICS chassis are going on the auction block to purchase one for each of my rifles.

The RSS website is not up yet. In the meantime you can find them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rock-Solid-Stocks/141657702616844 These stocks will also be available for purchase on the NTRP range in the future.

NTRP Facebook!
Post Sponsors

#1053 - 01/16/12 06:40 PM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
superde Offline
Seamstress
Loc: Bryan, TX
I don't know if Todd made any changes from the one that was on his rifle last year, but I liked it. Whenever I get my .243 built, it will be wearing a Rock Solid Stock - folder. What is the weight comparison verses an AICS?

#1054 - 01/16/12 07:23 PM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
Rich Emmons Offline
Marksman
Loc: Stephenville, TX
Great news! I love mine! thanks Todd

check out the new PRS website here
Like us on Facebook here
#1055 - 01/16/12 07:28 PM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
Berry Offline
Marksman
Loc: Huntsville, TX
The weight of the stock is 4.8 pounds per my bathroom scale. Here is a pic of a 5 round group I shot today with my gun, unbedded, shooting factory 140 AMAX. The stock is legit, all my stocks are on the chopping block to be replaced by Rock Solids. To me the selling point was how easy the rifle was to drive in awkward, barricade positions.

Like us on Facebook here
#1058 - 01/17/12 06:22 AM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
7.62Texan Offline
FT2(SS)
Loc: New Waverly,TX
Jay and Jonathan,

Yall previously had the AI chassis if I remember right. How doe sthi new stock compare in yalls opinions?
#1059 - 01/17/12 06:56 AM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
NorthTexasRifle Offline

JRuby
Originally Posted By: NTRP-6A
My AICS chassis are going on the auction block to purchase one for each of my rifles.

NTRP Facebook!
#1060 - 01/17/12 07:35 AM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
223ai Offline
F.U. 308
Loc: Texas
Picking mine up on tomorrow. I got behind Todds at the Lone Star Challenge, and was immediately sold. It balances perfectly, is slimlined for easier everything, and I think the above results speak for themselves. I'll be running it at the Brawl and at Score High!
#1072 - 01/17/12 06:55 PM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
Patrick Morris Offline
Junior
Loc: Gods Country, La *****
Well heck, all the cool kids are doing it. I guess I want one
Now
#1075 - 01/17/12 07:23 PM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
superde Offline
Seamstress
Hopefully I will get to try one out this weekend.

#1083 - 01/19/12 02:02 PM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: superde]
Dustin Morris Offline
Marksman
Loc: The Great State of Louisiana *****
Does Todd make one in a lefty? If he does I'll take one.

Dustin

Not showing up is just like getting beat.
#1084 - 01/19/12 02:16 PM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
Berry Offline
Marksman
He is in the process of finalizing the lefty version.

Like us on Facebook here
#1134 - 01/21/12 10:13 PM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
bturner Offline
ntrp shooter
Loc: Forney,TX
pick mine up sunday thanks todd!!
#1281 - 01/26/12 08:10 PM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
7.62Texan Offline
FT2(SS)
Loc: New Waverly,TX
I drank the koolaid
#1315 - 01/30/12 05:34 PM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
427Cobra Offline
Marksman
Loc: Sanger, TEXAS!
I have been shooting the prototype for 2 years, I got my production stock Friday, wow what a difference, the production forearm is comfortable in the hand, I had been using a Atlas bipod on the old stock but I put my tried n true Harris on the new stock, and I may stick with it instead, I have yet to put any lead down range yet with it but I noticed when dry firing the trigger felt different, the click is much more solid and I think the trigger is breaking a tad lighter, the cheek piece hardware is simply a work of art, simple and effective, the c-clips make removing and reinstalling a breeze with no loss of adjustment. Those that know Todd knows he is extremely hard on his gear, if it can be broken Todd has done it, sometimes more than once, that is why his design is one solid piece of metal, not a casting either, but 7075 T-6, and the black tape on the sides is a product from Line of Fire, its called TEGS, combined with there gloves provides a superior none slip grip in either dry or wet conditions. I'm going to TacPro Wednesday morning after work to ring some steel, new stock with ammo that is charged by my new Gen 2 Prometeus.
#1354 - 02/02/12 05:29 PM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
BMelick Offline
Marksman
Loc: Dallas, TX
I've been checking out this Rock Solid stock all week and am looking forward to mine.
#1366 - 02/02/12 06:28 PM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
427Cobra Offline
Marksman
Loc: Sanger, TEXAS!
Went shooting today finally, the BR boys had the 100 yard targets locked up, so I shot at 200, WOW what difference, from prone the stick barely moved, and this stock is lighter than the old one but recoil feels reduced, my A5 with BO bottom metal and Atlas bipod will be forsale soon so my 308 can have a RS stock too, I'm going shooting again in the morning to try out positional
#1913 - 02/26/12 07:17 AM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
Garddog Offline
Sgt
Loc: NOLA
I'm wondering if this stock might be a better fit than the A5 for the .260 that Mr. Roscoe is putting together for my oldest son. Maybe NTRP-6A will have one on hand at his range when I visit next month. Looks like a great product.
#1944 - 02/26/12 07:11 PM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
NorthTexasRifle Offline

JRuby
I can make it happen.

NTRP Facebook!
#2007 - 02/29/12 03:53 AM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
superde Offline
Seamstress
I picked mine up form Todd last weekend and it is awesome. Watching your bullet trace to the target is something I don't believe i've ever witnessed before. I saw it several times, and that was without a brake or using my suppressor.

#2016 - 02/29/12 09:56 AM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
doubled Offline
Marksman
Loc: Frisco, Texas
Todd was bedding mine last night - can't wait to pick it up today.

Edited by doubled (02/29/12 09:56 AM)
#2019 - 02/29/12 12:54 PM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
DrewinTejas Offline
7mm08 > 260
Loc: Aubrey, Tx *****
Damn you guys, Im going to have to save up some cash to get one.
#2020 - 02/29/12 01:03 PM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
Ryan Offline
R3
Loc: Dallas
What do they cost?

#2021 - 02/29/12 01:06 PM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
Berry Offline
Marksman
$750

Like us on Facebook here
#2054 - 03/02/12 03:43 AM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: DrewinTejas]
superde Offline
Seamstress
Originally Posted By: DrewinTejas
Damn you guys, Im going to have to save up some cash to get one.

Do it!

#2056 - 03/02/12 06:10 AM Re: Rock Solid Stock - One Piece Aluminum Chassis [Re: NorthTexasRifle]
doubled Offline
Marksman
Loc: Frisco, Texas
I picked mine up Wednesday and I am taking the day off today to go shoot with it.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Mick, NorthTexasRifle 
Vortex Optics

Top Right Sponsor

Bottom Right Sponsor

Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod